Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A better world, a better life


19:33

Prince album 19, song 33 (MY COMPUTER, 1996) 

Some of y'all know I've been doing a listening-retrospect of both: reading LYRICS + LISTENING over this past week or so. As I was READING these lyrics... well, take a look. 
And in my READING P's songs now, they are like brand new 'stories,' you know? So, MUCH more than just the 39 Albums, we truly DO have... "78, For You.

“Welcome, you’ve got mail”
(Computer)
It was Sunday night, instead of doing what I usually do, I

I scan my computer looking for a site
Somebody to talk to, funny and bright
I scan my computer looking for a site
Make believe it’s a better world, a better life

Nothing on TV I ain’t seen before
Another murder on the news, I can’t take no more
Evil incorporated, blowing up bombs and thangs
I have a child, huh, I have a lot to explain
I could write a letter but who would I send it to?
It was Sunday night, instead of doing what I usually do, I

I scan my computer looking for a site
Somebody to talk to, funny and bright
I scan my computer looking for a site
Make believe it’s a better world, a better life

I called an old friend of mine just the other day
No congratulations, no respect paid
All she did was wonder if the rumors were true
I said, “No, I ain’t dead yet but, uh, what about you?”
I can count my friends with a peace sign, one, two
It was Sunday night, instead of doing what I usually do, I

I scan my computer looking for a site
Somebody to talk to, funny and bright
I scan my computer looking for a site
Make believe it’s a better world, a better life
(A better life)
I got no mail, my computer

I told them I don’t wanna see a doctor unless he’s lonely too
Every Sunday night, instead of doing what I usually do, I

I scan my computer looking for a site
Somebody to talk to, funny and bright
I scan my computer looking for a site
Make believe it’s a better world
(Make believe it’s a better world)

A better life
A better life
A better life

Goodbye




GATHERED INTO ONE PLACE ON THE THIRD THURSDAY IN MAY 2016:


P 7:1
“Open your heart, open your mind, A train is leaving all day
A wonderful trip through our time, And laughter is all you pay”

(Around the World in a Day)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...