Thursday, May 19, 2016

4. Prince Listening-Retrospect


FINAL: Part 4 of 4 —
I posted Mon, Tues, Wed, and now wrapping up today,
the...Third Thursday in May with this share.


Just after the paradigm-shifting news of that THIRD THURSDAY IN APRIL, some of you know I began a listening retrospect of Prince’s words. All of 150,000+ of them. Without any thought, I instinctively began that lyric-gathering journey very early Saturday morning, the 23rd of April (see pg 318). Not even a full two days after... the news. 


As a deep fan, I needed his words.

In one place.

In a healing journey from Prince himself, I listened, edited, learned, laughed, reminisced, and read, read, read, and read some more. For three weeks. It was cathartic and eye-opening. And still, there are words I have no idea what they are. But I did my best to #HonorPRN best I could. By gathering ALL of his words into one place. 

He has been an immense creative inspiration to me, personally, since back when I was far too young to be listening to Prince. Then, over these past few weeks, as I got deeper into this lyrical journey, trying to process his absence, I realized I couldn't keep this. 

Other fans need his words too...  

Here they are...



P 7:1
“Open your heart, open your mind, A train is leaving all day
A wonderful trip through our time, And laughter is all you pay”
(Around the World in a Day)

TIP ONCE IN THE PDF: ( Search = command + F )

1 comment:

  1. Wendy YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! Wow what a beautiful homage
    to the one and only! I haven’t read everything but what I have
    so far touches my heart. We truly have lost one of the greatest
    creative minds to ever exist. 💔 😢 I love love love how you
    have compiled his words into a single document for all to enjoy!
    What an act of love, respect and generosity!!!!! ❤

    Thank you for that!!!

    I love your musings and reflections… your words flow so naturally
    and eloquently clearly and thoughtfully articulating your intention, your
    words come to life with ease, like we’re chit-chatting in your living room-
    but always staying on point, deliberately and concisely forming your
    opinion, your introspections eminently clear… girl you are a true writer
    and I am a fan!!!

    Keep it up!

    Yes it’s Friday and the sun is shinning!!!!! Have a great one!!

    ~Pat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...