Thursday, April 21, 2016

Does not compute



Does not compute

So many lyrics are swimming, rushing through my head. And just about every emotion that pops can be captured in one of Prince's lyrics. Learned the news at 1pm(ET) today. Learned about a half hour later that it was confirmed. 

SO glad 'I saw him last June when my old job walked away...' (spent money I did not have — but SO, BEYOND, worth it, even if today's reports were not true).  Even asked for a flower sketch. News has def not settled in. 

The first concert I went to, ever? Prince, 1985 ATL
The last concert I went to? Prince, 2015 DC

SO blessed that he was courageous enough to share his gift, especially in the light of occasional controversy. I remain his biggest fan. And if the goal of life is to create something that will outlive you, he's surely accomplished that. So much creative, painting, writing, projects that I've done over the years to his music. Grateful. 

As another song, in a completely other genre goes: "go rest high on that mountain, son, your work on earth is done." 
Sometimes it snows in April  
Sometimes I feel so bad
Sometimes I wish life was never ending, 
But all good things, they say, never last.

So grateful. 

And sad.



GATHERED INTO ONE PLACE ON THE THIRD THURSDAY IN MAY 2016:



P 7:1
“Open your heart, open your mind, A train is leaving all day
A wonderful trip through our time, And laughter is all you pay”
(Around the World in a Day)


3 comments:

  1. I feel exactly how u do, my best friend! He changed our world with his gift.

    #yourbestfriendfromwreckastow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly awesome admiration of the Prince.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...