Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'll think about that tomorrow

T W E N T Y - S I X - L E T T E R S
...well, if there IS a tomorrow.

What would you say to people today? What would you do?
If everything were to disappear tomorrow.

These predictions have happened before. "The end of the world."

But what strikes me about this prediction, is the notion that SO many of us are aware of it, commenting about it, I'm blogging on it right now. But at the same time hardly any of us believe the end will actually come tonight at 6pm (and in which time zone will this happen?). There are actually more parodies than preparations. But as a Christian, a Methodist, I'm offended by the 'Christians' who stir all this fuss up, as the bible actually states, 'NO man will know the hour.'

But yet, there is something about this particular prediction, or its timing perhaps, has gotten us to think. A LOT of us. And it tells me that we want more out of our lives.

Then we should CLAIM more out of our lives!

If everything were to disappear tomorrow. Take the momentum of today... What would you say to people? What would you do?

I'd do an iChat with my sweet, silly 2yr old niece, Zoe. I'd call my grandma, who is 91 and we'd laugh and chat about stuff. I'd play with my dog and one of his favorite toys, and give him cheese and treats. I'd sit out on the patio with a book and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, a candle and the Adele station on Pandora. I'd paint. I'd go for a walk, laughing and holding hands with my boyfriend and head out for gelato. We'd go ride the train together with his son, and have a sparkly manicure party with his sweet daughter. I'd go get a crêpe. Nutella and banana. I'd pray. I'd take a nap. I'd get together for dinner with my neighbors and we'd have eachother in stitches. I'd write a note (or a blog) for whoever survives this impending apocalypse. And then I'd tuck in to bed with the book I just started... and fall off to sleep.

Simple joys.

And while there'd be no bungy jumping, sky diving or things like that for me... there are two long shots that have been on my wish lists for years. Two things I would want to do before the end of world as we know it: head to a vintage Porsche dealer to drive my black 911 Carrera, and have breakfast with Prince. Then, I'd feel fine.

Life is complicated, it's busy, it's full, but there is so much beauty in the world.

Why must we only see this beauty in these crisis moments? Why must we postpone our joy? Our living? Our loving? Why can't we live out loud, like this, every day? Why does it seem to take an apocalyptic prediction, a tsunami, a terrorist act, or other breaking point for us to live the life we want to live?

Bonjour y'all! It's been a good ride here on earth.

And as for what comes next...

"I'll think about that tomorrow."
— SCARLET
©2011 Wendy Hudgins

3 comments:

  1. Magpie Bottle Rocket8/1/11, 6:57 PM

    I would:
    1. Go to one last event with my friends
    2. Listen to Adele's "Rumour Has It" one last time
    3. Go shopping at Tiffany's for all the diamonds I can get!
    4. Kiss a magpie
    5. Bake something nice for once
    6. Sing Alanis Morisette's "Thank U" at an open mic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're doing well.
    'You are loved.' ;)

    http://thinkexist.com/quotes/katharine_hepburn/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magpie Bottle Rocket8/3/11, 4:49 PM

    oh, I am....yay! More quotes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...