Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gray skies. Blue.

T W E N T Y - S I X - L E T T E R S

Side of a highway in France when the deep passionate gray of the sky was dancing with the glistening brilliance of sunshine creating the light effect that has had artists for years flocking to my favorite country, the motherland, France.

Okay... After finally demystifying the use of an 'e' or an 'a' in the word, gray ('A'merican spelling uses a; 'E'nglish spelling uses e). After having someone-derful in my life for two years now who makes my gray skies blue. And after stumbling across the beautiful talent of Eva Cassidy yesterday as I sought an image of rainy Paris...

...the clouds are breaking.

Spring is eighteen days away.

And the year is off to a good start.

This year I broke down my resolutions for 2011 into TWELVE separate ones. One for each month.

So far, the first two ones have been achieved. January, I completed a two-year project of writing and illustrating three children's books for my 2-yr old niece, Zoe. And February's resolution was to back up my Mac. Perhaps the February resolution wasn't as 'creative' as the writing and illustrating. But I pull and store a ton of stuff my Mac and lost an external drive last year. Inspiration, ideas, quotes, pics. That loss is not cheap to repair. And I believe the world is a crazy blend of the whimsical and the practical. We need to tend to both.

Little by little, this year is working it's way toward beautiful.

In my yard, green shoots from tulips are determined-ly shoving their way through the tough dirt. Little tender blades of fresh green grass are appearing in the yard.

I believe nature, life, us, and blogs... can have moments or long periods where we are just maintaining. Even gray days. Laying low. Hibernation? But I also believe that that's okay. I believe that patience and the down time pays off. Respect it. Because then, with some time,
and sometimes without warning. The clouds break. The skies turn blue.... and we blossom.

Get ready. Eighteen days till spring.
Laissez les bon temps rouler.
©2011 Wendy Hudgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...