Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My September experiment

C R E A T I V E - S P A R K
"Challenge yourself. Be curious. Discover. Grow."
WENDYHUDGINS.com

I love my work as a DC area freelance Art Director. But one of the challenges I'm faced with as a creative running my own business, is that there's a lot more to it than just the creative...

So for the month of September* I'm reserving Wednesdays to focus on the non-creative aspects that are equally important to doing what I do. Research. Accounting. Billing. Training. Education. Sketching. Networking. Securing new business. Getting inspired. Organization. Still working... but simply not scheduling any calls or meetings.

When our weeks look like this: - give, give, give, give, give.
I'd like to propose:
- give, give, replenish, give, give.

Whatever you do, wherever you are, don't forget to refill the source of your creativity. You need to refill that well in order to continue to pull from it.

*If this post looks familiar, I first did this 'experiment' in February. It worked.

©2010 Wendy Hudgins

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea Wendy - and so true. Now that I'm working from home, I need to find that balance and routine too. Though I will be working a couple day a week for a few hours at an office (but thats too bad). Thanks for your ever continuing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...