Tuesday, March 9, 2010

C'est la vie

C R E A T I V E - S P A R K
"Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life."
- OMAR KHAYYAM
This is a quote I have as a magnet on my fridge from quotables and I so appreciate it. Perhaps especially on the days that don't feel all that wonderful. Our lives, emotions, go through so many phases and changes. Creativity waxes and wanes. We must be patient in those moments that we don't like, or that don't make any sense to us.

I've also heard this phrase: 'sunny weather, rainy weather, neither is permanent.' This is life. It's changing. And thank God for that! Somewhere along the line, there was a perception that steady, constant happiness was the thing to strive for. But look at nature. Look at our planet. Look at a teething child. Change is part of life. And it's not always pretty... nevermind easy.

And while we may not be able to grasp what any one moment means while we're in it, try looking back on those moments... I'll bet they make a little more sense now. They might even give you courage or patience for something you are about to face.

I link to a webcam of the Eiffel Tower, and I love seeing the changes that surround it. So, I snagged these screengrabs over several months to illustrate that the dark, foggy moments are as much a part of life as the brilliant, colorful ones. Sound familiar? Sounds like life.

Take a look... changement, vraiment c'est la vie!


©2010 Wendy Hudgins

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite places in France is he Eiffel Tower. I will always remember visiting this amazing landmark and having lunch in the inexpensive restaurant. That was an extraordinary vacation when I was 14 yrs old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quote. It's very "Zen". I'm trying to lead a more Zen-like life, which is extremely difficult for me because I have the attention span of a gnat, but that's exactly why it's so worthwhile. In the 21st century we're constantly being bombarded with information and distractions. We're always multitasking. It's very difficult to stay "in the moment", but that's where your life is happening...in the moment...RIGHT NOW.

    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

    Remind me to tell you about my entire Paris experience. It consisted of a ten-hour layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport. In that time I crammed in a trip to the Louvre and Notre Dame, lunch at a bistro, a visit to the top of the Eiffel Tower and dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe (I know! I know! My one brief visit to Paris and one of my two meals there was a hamburger! I have eccentricities.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy Hudgins, thank you.

    Your time-elapse observation of the Eiffel Tower was a poignant reminder today. The Tower remained still, there through the seasons, the light of day and "breathing" with blinks at night. Time passes. It stays put.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...