Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Will you draw a flower?

T W E N T Y - S I X - L E T T E R S
Everything sounds better in french, so I'll let you look this one up:
le jardin de mes amis.

This idea began at the end of a year living in France when I did a painting exchange with two friends, one now in LA, the other Santa Fe. It later occurred to me the paintings were were both of flowers, and
I love flowers. Then I imagined a space filled with these 'flowers'.
A 'garden' of them created by people who have inspired me: friends, family, neighbors, colleagues. I have over thirty flowers already.
Some are just doodles, others are detailed paintings. I will continue to collect these for years to come, from the folks who come into my life. So, for those of you who have already sent me your flower, merci bien! And for those who have not yet done one...

THIS IS MY CREATIVE REQUEST FOR YOU:
Will you draw, paint, or sketch a FLOWER and send it to me?
Use an index card, post-it note, or large canvas. A crayon, ballpoint pen, or fine paintbrush. W
hatever you feel inclined to use. Just keep it simple. Easy. Un-fussy. Be creative. Or not. Just as long as you created it. Handmade is best, so no photos/digital. And a circle with a line below it qualifies as a flower.
TWO REQUIREMENTS: It's a flower. You created it by hand.
Email me and I'll send you my address.


If you are thinking, "this entry must be for someone else." Nope. It's for you. I believe that each person that comes into our lives, has an impact on it. And I would love to add your flower to the garden ...yes, you.
©2009 Wendy Hudgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...