Thursday, October 29, 2009

What's your song?

T W E N T Y - S I X - L E T T E R S
Certain words of certain songs can stick with you over time. Even over several years. Lyrics can attach themselves to you. Songs are powerful, revealing, and illuminating. One of them for me, from the very first time I heard it, was from a John Cougar song, "you gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything." Growing up a child of divorce, having two families was a blessing. But it also presented an immense challenge. Given how extraordinarily different my families were, and are, from each other — you learned to adapt in each. Problem is, if you grow up this way you become better at adapting who you are, than being who you are. Nice thing about life, and us human-types, is that we are under constant evolution. Change is always possible.

And I like sound of that.
©2009 Wendy Hudgins

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, Please think about writing a book (books) based on your blog. I know it would have such an impact on people. I see you on the Today Show or even The View sharing your words of inspiration and aventure. And the pictures...your pictures are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...