Sunday, October 18, 2009

The house(s) that love built

C R E A T I V E - S P A R K

Okay, I'm back on th' blog. Just returned from a week on a volunteer rebuilding trip in Hayesville, NC with my church. The hardships these families endure in the Appalachian region is humbling, yet they possess a joy for life and an unshakable faith that seems to see above and past all of the sadnesses they told us of. So inspiring. It was a privilege to be down there with them — as well as helping with their homes. If you've never done a volunteer rebuild, I recommend trying it. There is such need, and often there are local efforts that may only take up one day of your time. And as conditions in the world we live in can be so harsh and unforgiving, it really is a blessing to be able to reach out, help, and connect with these folks. To whom much is given much is expected. Where can you help fill a need?


©2009 Wendy Hudgins

1 comment:

  1. "Bring the Rain" by MercyMe

    I can count a million times
    People asking me how I
    Can praise You with all that
    I've gone through
    The question just amazes me
    Can circumstances possibly
    Change who I forever am in You

    Maybe since my life was changed
    Long before these rainy days
    It's never really ever crossed my mind
    To turn my back on you, oh Lord
    My only shelter from the storm
    But instead I draw closer through these times
    So I pray

    Bring me joy, bring me peace
    Bring the chance to be free
    Bring me anything that brings
    You glory And I know there'll
    be days When this life brings me pain
    But if that's what it takes to
    praise You Jesus, bring the rain

    I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
    loom above because you are much greater than
    my pain you who made a way for me suffering
    your destiny so tell me whats a little rain

    Holy, holy, holy
    Holy, holy, holy
    is the lord God almighty
    is the lord God almighty
    I'm forever singing

    everybody singing
    Holy holy holy
    you are holy
    you are holy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...