Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday 'Painting'

A - C R E A T I V E - S P A R K

Winslow Homer's, "Turtle Pound"
With this week getting off to a funky start for me (plus, Mercury in retrograde),
I'm opting for the slightly-removed-from-reality medium of 'artwork' rather than
a photo for today's Friday image. This watercolor is one of my all-time favorite
paintings. I love the freshness and deliberateness of Homer's paint strokes. Right
color. Right place. Right intensity. And to wrap up this rather "Clark Kent" of a
week for me, one of my favorite sayings is illustrated
brilliantly in this work,
...the stronger the light, the stronger the shadow. They go in tandum.
Be patient if you're in shadow. Cherish time in the sun. Neither is permanent.
©2009 Wendy Hudgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...