Monday, August 31, 2009

August — a season of 'soul'

T W E N T Y - S I X - L E T T E R S
When life approaches a crossroads of contradiction or paradox, 'soul' is at its most vital. Summer to fall. Activity to rest. Warm front to cold front. Times of transition can be uneasy, even sometimes turbulent or uncomfortable. But often these inevitable moments hold some of the most crucial growth and evolution in our lives.

One of my favorite seasons is upon us. But to get into a new season we have to shed the old one. We have to let go. We have to look forward.

August hasn't ever really stood out to me that much. But this year, I saw August as a season of reflection. A season of preparation of things to come. A seasonal shift of soul perhaps.

In late April my soul was cracked open and the fresh air of another soul came my way. One of my first posts about this amazing person in my life was on May 1st. With the very simple, minimally-worded caption, "Opening up." That's exactly what has been happening to me. To my soul. To my life.

I'm finally wrapping up a wonderful book about 'soul' and will share this as we leave August... There are only so many people we come to know in a lifetime, and an even smaller number with whom we live intimately. These relationships are all important to the soul. They initiate us into ourselves.

Onward. Let's see what's in store this season.
©2009 Wendy Hudgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...