Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tiniest bit of light in the darkness

A - C R E A T I V E - S P A R K
What do we cling to? Where does our hope come from? What pulls us out of our struggles?

While I've seemingly been on a blogging hiatus, I am feeling ideas and inspiration coming back bit by bit. And I never want to write just to write. I want to [insert creative outlet here] because in the core of my creativity, my being, my spirit, I have something to share.

That goes back to this belief that crept into my mind earlier this year...

When people tap the deepest (often darkest) places within them, they become connected to The Source that binds all of us together. Not just to those who are living, but also to all the people who came before us, and who are still yet to come. Timeless. Immortal. Bigger than most
of the nonsense and fleeting trends that make up our daily lives. But
in all of the scary stuff, the aggravating stuff, the buried dreams, the monotonies, and responsibilities of life, how can we tap into that source? Lift ourselves out and rise above the artificial, toxic, mediocrity-inducing, ingredients crowding up, sometimes even suffocating, our lives?

I recently saw Slumdog Millionaire, and for Jamil in the dreadful confines of the slums of India, it was a girl that gave him hope. On
Man vs. Wild [sigh], Bear, has a photo of his wife and kid tucked
in his shoe. Hope is powerful. Even if it may be the tiniest bit of
light in the seemingly darkest places of our lives.

Find, then follow that glimmer of hope.
©2009 Wendy Hudgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...