Thursday, May 14, 2009

Making room for life

T W E N T Y - S I X - L E T T E R S - & - B R E A D C R U M B S
One mostly unknown, but VERY compelling, reason I moved up here was for the change of 'seasons.' In our 'this is how/why/when we do it' world, that may not make much sense to others. It might even seem trite. But I KNEW it was important to me. And I continue to take lessons from nature.

Last weekend I went to the dogwood in my front yard and knocked off quite a few dead branches. You could almost here the tree sigh, 'thank you!' I've done this in past seasons, and the results already show. New sprouts. When dead branches are cleared out that no longer have a vitality, significance, or relevance to that tree, space is made for new things to blossom. For that tree to grow. For that tree to be healthy.

What's clogging up space in your life, your heart, your head, that might be preventing new things from blossoming?
©2009 Wendy Hudgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...