Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ten Things

T W E N T Y - S I X - L E T T E R S
"...if you’re alive, you got to flap your arms and legs, you got to jump around a lot, you got to make a lot of noise, because LIFE is the very opposite of death. And therefore, as I see it, if you’re quiet, you’re not living. You’ve got to be noisy, or at least your thoughts should be noisy and colorful and lively." —Melvin Kaminsky
Have you ever sat down to write that list? Not the one to be forwarded to others electronically. But your private list. Ten things you hope to do in/with your life? As I see Hollywood all glammed up and our President the bearer of bad news with the inherited economy, I realize that 'hope' often boils down to a simple something that lets us see just above our own horizon. But I think the list should be comprised of both reachable and unlikely things. This is how we grow. And though we may stumble in achieving some of them. Though we may acquire some bumps and bruises. I'm pretty sure it will all be worth it.
©2009 Wendy Hudgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...