Thursday, February 26, 2009

Out of twenty-six letters...

T W E N T Y - S I X - L E T T E R S - & - A - B R E A D C R U M B
T-h-a-n-k-s. That word is just five little letters long but I wanted to say it to you reading this entry at this moment, or any of the previous entries.

I have explained breadcrumbs, and I'd like to shed light on the story behind another blog label: twenty-six letters.

After the election in November, I was overwhelmed with thoughts, opinions, and commentary. Okay, even more than usual, for those of you who know me well! But I didn't want to be that person who abuses emails sending out too much stuff. So I decided to learn how to blog and created this one as an outlet of expression. I began on November 7th, just a couple days after the election, with an image that I felt had taken politics away from being about one individual [candidate] to putting the onus back on us. To step it up. Own it. Do something.

Cool.

While 'breadcrumbs' is a distinct story I created about coincidences, think of this category as a toolbox. Inside? Twenty-six individual letters. The items in the toolbox can be arranged and repeated in anyway necessary to vent, share, or express. Imagine how the people in our life use these twenty-six tools. The next person you speak with after you read this entry, what will you choose to say to them? We have a choice of how we put these letters together and use them. And it makes a difference. You've told me so. In your own words.

This blog began as a simple outlet for me. But for those times (and I love the random-ness of it) that you have posted a comment here on the blog, or told me directly about something that stood out to you, I would like to use eight of those tools in the box to say a deep, 'thank you.' It means a great deal to me. I believe we're more connected than we realize. And if I inspire you, then will you inspire someone else? And so on?

There are, however, times when one entry needs two labels. And because today's entry about twenty-six letters is also the 26th entry of 'twenty-six letters'... then it also qualifies as a 'breadcrumb.' Nice.
©2009 Wendy Hudgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...